Nonprofit organizations rely upon the generosity of their friends for the financial support required to carry out their missions. Because the Treatment Advocacy Center rejects funding from companies or entities involved in the sale, marketing or distribution of pharmaceutical products, the support of individuals and families is especially crucial to us.
Your gift of any size will help sustain our mission of eliminating legal and other barriers to treatment for severe mental illness. Please give today to help us continue these activities in 2013.
- We focus exclusively on the needs of those with the most severe mental illnesses – typically untreated schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and other psychiatric conditions with psychotic features.
- We emphasize that severe mental illness is treatable and the consequences of non-treatment are preventable.
- We reform state laws so treatment is not limited to those who are sufficiently well to volunteer for care.
- We raise public awareness of the impact untreated psychiatric disease has on families and communities by studying and reporting on critical issues such as the criminalization of mental illness.
- We educate the public about the role that lack of insight (“anosognosia”) plays in preventing many with severe mental illness from seeking help.
Click here to give now. (NOTE: This donation page is optimized for the Firefox browser. After clicking, Google Chrome users must scroll down to find the donation form or use an alternate browser.)