Welcome to our updated website! Wider, brighter and more dynamic than ever before, this is your portal to the worldwide web's most comprehensive source of information about civil commitment laws and standards and treatment issues in severe mental illness. New and expanded features include:
- Public Library – New to the website, our Public Library allows you to quickly find by topic the research, fact sheets, legal documents, news and other information we make available as a public service. To reach the library, click the button on the top left corner of any page.
- Video Library – New to the website, our growing collection of video presentations may be accessed through the Public Library.
- Your state’s page – The authoritative source of online information about mental illness treatment laws and standards, our state pages (still under revision) assure that all relevant information about your state is available from a single page. Choose your state from the map that appears on every page of the site.
- Preventable Tragedies – The only resource of its kind, our state-by-state database of preventable tragedies has been refined so that search categories are more precise and useful to families, officials, the media and others.
- Social networking access – Now it's easy to follow news from and about the Treatment Advocacy Center on Facebook, Twitter or through an RSS feed on any page.
We hope you'll visit the website often. To receive our direct email alerts of important news and developments, click here to sign up now